The TRUE Advisor certificate program recognizes professionals trained on the TRUE rating system and TRUE certification who support organizations in implementing zero waste initiatives. It provides a comprehensive curriculum about zero waste policies and programs, as well as ways to help projects participating in TRUE certification.
On Feb. 24, GBCI will launch an update to the program that includes changes to the course modules, term of validity for the certificate and related logos. While we implement these changes, there will be a blackout period that will prevent access to all course modules and the TRUE website.
The blackout is planned for Feb. 17–23, and the new materials will launch on Feb. 24.
Our goal is to make sure that this impacts users as little as possible. We are also providing all TRUE Advisor registrants a one-time, 30-day extension to their current 180-day program access period. This extension will automatically be applied to TRUE Advisors' accounts.
Please review the notes below and do not hesitate to contact us with any questions.
What you need to know about the TRUE Advisor certificate program update
- There is no change to the curriculum you learn. The content of the course is unchanged; however, resources and hyperlinks have been refreshed to ensure they remain current. These updates do not impact the content of the TRUE Advisor assessment.
- If you have registered for the program, note your progress before the blackout. When you log back in on or after Feb. 24, you’ll notice that your module completion has been reset. Don’t panic—you will not be required to review each slide in the modules you previously completed. Simply “launch” each of the course modules you previously completed, in sequential order. This step can be done in one click per module, and you can pick up where you left off.
- TRUE Advisor certificates will now be valid until Feb. 23, 2027. This update will start a new five-year program term of validity, so all previously earned and new certificates will be valid until Feb. 23, 2027. Current TRUE Advisor certificate holders will be able to download an updated certificate by visiting their TRUE user account on or after Feb. 24, 2022.
- You will not be able to access the website during the blackout period. This is important to note if you planned to study or take the exam between Feb. 17 and 23 of this year. The website will be available again on Feb. 24.
- We’re here to help. All resources will be updated to reflect the new program term of validity in the coming weeks. Please email us with any questions.
For those who have already earned the TRUE Advisor certificate, this update will extend your certificate’s term of validity through Feb. 23, 2027.